- Top Tips for a Successful Art Gallery ... 28 Aug, 2020
Art Galleries in the UK
Discover the world of contemporary art with Kei London. Our art agency showcases a diverse range of artistic styles, from exquisite oil paintings to captivating resin art, watercolour, and Chinese ink
Can't find your business?Adding a business to Art-Galleries-UK.co.uk is free.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Click here to navigate to the Login page.
- If you haven't yet registered, click here to navigate to the Registration page.
- Fill all required fields.
- After you have logged in, click on "Add Business.
- After you have clicked on "Add Business", you will be redirected to another page.
- You can now fill in the details for this Business.
- Click on the "Create" button.
- Your listing will now be "pending approval".
- One of our Administrators will review your listing and decide whether to Approve or Reject it.
- Priority listing positioning for city, county, in the search results, and our home page.
- A website link on the listing page.
- Can add services with links included.
- Have access to all submitted free quotes from our visitors.
- Increase leads that you can follow up and generate sales from.
- Increase your online presence which, these days, is an indispensable commodity.
- Allow the thousands of potential customers who use the directory each month to find you.
Are you looking for a reputable art gallery to represent you as an artist and sell your art? In fact, many artists will tell you that looking and shopping for an art gallery is a rather overwhelming and even intimidating process. However, finding the best art gallery for your art is very important, actually essential for your career as an artist and your future. Unless there is an art gallery knocking on your door, you will be the one who has to knock on the doors of the art gallery. Beforehand, you have to find the right art gallery, of course. So the process of becoming a profitable or popular artist takes not just a lot of talent, but also a lot of hard work. Learn how to market yourself to the best art gallery and how to find the best art gallery to represent your art and you as an artist in this article.
We help you prepare shopping for art gallery thanks to this useful checklist you can follow:
Questions to Ask Yourself when Looking for Art Gallery
First things first, you need to be honest to yourself and consider all aspects of your present and future as an artist and as someone looking for a career in art. So before you rush out looking for and shopping for an art gallery, make sure to ask yourself some of the following questions:
• Is my art technically good?
• Is my art good enough to be represented and sold at an art gallery?
• Do I have a recognizable and distinctive style?
• Am I ready to sell my art at an art gallery?
• Do I have a cohesive body of art ready to display at an art gallery?
• Is my art sellable?
• Have I had success selling my art at other occasions, events, and venues that are not art gallery?
• Do I have the time and energy to supply the demand for an art gallery?
• Do I have a blog or a website that showcases and promotes my art as a portfolio?
• Do I have a professional-looking portfolio to offer to an art gallery?
If the answer of all or the majority of these questions is “yes”, then you can continue looking for and contacting art gallery. If you answer to most or all of these questions with a “no”, take your time to think of the required changes, work on yourself as an artist, and consider these aspects above before you look for an art gallery to sell your art. Make sure you are approaching art gallery once you are absolutely ready to do so and don’t put yourself in a vulnerable position. Otherwise, it will help neither your self-esteem nor your ego as an artist.
How to Find Your Target Art Gallery
Now, once you are ready to find an art gallery and contact them, you are probably wondering where to start from. It is important to take enough of your time ahead and have a good idea of the art gallery where you want your art to be displayed and what is the right art gallery to house your art and represent it the best way. Finding an art gallery in your surrounding area can be easily done both online and offline. You can always ask fellow artists or just people you know if they can recommend you or suggest art gallery you can check out and visit. If you are not sure about the reputation of the art gallery or you just want to learn more, you can always contact fellow artists represented by this art gallery and ask for their opinion, etc. A good way to look for an art gallery is by checking online. The majority of the reputable and popular art gallery in your area will, for sure, have a website you can check. Online directory for art gallery such as this one can also be a helpful source of information and contact details.
Step-by-step to Finding Art Gallery
• Talk to other artists you know and ask them for recommendations and suggestions of an art gallery for you.
• Check out places both online and offline that have ads of an art gallery and the artists they represent
• There is a wide variety of websites of an art gallery. Make sure to check them and look the general image and brand every art gallery is representing itself through. Make sure these particular galleries are a good fit for your art and for you as an artist. In a nutshell, you want to research the type of art the art gallery are focusing on or specialising in and further approach only the art gallery displaying your type or style of art.
• Next, once you narrow down your options, you would like to visit this art gallery personally. Walk-in and feel the atmosphere and if it matches your style as an artist, how the art pieces are hanged or displayed, how the lighting works.
• Then try and visualize your art displayed there. Does it work in your imagination? Does it compare to the rest of the artists and their works represented at this art gallery?
• If a price sheet is not available, ask for it and see if the prices are within your price range.
• Don’t forget to pay close attention to how the staff of this art gallery treats you and are they professional enough, do you feel comfortable discussing your art with them.
Understand the Protocol Before Approaching Art Gallery
It is important to know that reputable and popular art gallery get contacted by a big number of artists on a daily basis. Therefore, you want to stand out and show that you are a suitable artist for them. It is a good way to check ahead of the ‘artist submission policy’ then follow the guidelines. This will make a very good first impression of you since most galleries, especially the more high-end ones, have a very specific submission policy they want you to follow.
Make sure to follow this checklist before and you will feel ready to approach and contact every art gallery near you.Questions to ask yourself when looking for art gallery
How to find your target art gallery
Step-by-step to finding art gallery
Understand the protocol before approaching art gallery